Monday, October 11, 2010

"Bowling changed my life"

"Bowling changed my life" Was the random comment made by my daughter C1 last night at my other daughter K's birthday dinner.  We all started laughing so hard we never actually heard her explanation of why bowling changed her life.  She just said it so profoundly and was just so excitted that is was impossiable to not laugh. We had taken 3 of our daughter's out bowling the night before which only the birthday girl wanted to do.  But once we made it bumper bowling the games began.  Suddenly our 3 girls that are all pretty much the same age, (all born in the same year but not twins or triplets) were doing victory dances, singing, out scoring their father, and high five-ing over even one pin being knocked.  Our daughter K said it was the best night ever in her life.  They all turn 8 this year so they don't hate us yet.  It was a really fun night except that my hubbie thought 1 game was just a warm up and 2 games must be played.  The 2 of us ended up taking the girls turns because they were sooooo done they didn't want to continue, but he just had to play. Must be a guy thing.  I would rather get the kids home after a really fun time and get them in bed for a happy grumpy free tomorrow.
But at least bowling changed the life of one of my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment