Sunday, May 8, 2011

Why does mothers day suck???

Every retail company in America wants us to buy bigger better mothers day presents so us mothers can have some magical stress free day where we feel super loved and appreciated.  To those amazing women who don't have kids they are either slapped in the face by this day with longing for the kids they don't have or are greatly relieved they don't have them.  The experienced mom knows that generally this day is the day the kids seem to misbehave the most and everyone forgets her or just plain stresses her out.  The new mom is always disappointed that this day isn't a joyful event where she actually gets a day off from cooking, cleaning and poopy diapers.  I think I am somewhere in the middle I know yet I am still disappointed.  I have decided that being a step-mom and a mom is the worst for mothers day.  I spent the weekend before sending a mothers day card to bio mom. Buying a craft for the girls to do for bio mom, and helping them do it.  Buying a card for the girls and my hubby to sign to go with the gift.  While volunteering for K's class I spent 2 hours cutting out paper for a class project--it ended up being my mothers day present.  I don't get to see all my kids for mothers day and I highly doubt bio mom will let them even call me. So pretty much I made both mine and bio mom's mothers day presents.  Does this seem stress free? Maybe next year I will go on a kid free mothers day weekend so I don't have to deal with it. lol  Of course mothers day sucks! Too many expectations that are impossible to maintain.  Add having kids and bonus kids it's something I would hate for anyone to go through.  Of course I wouldn't trade it for anything.  So all you mom's and step-moms out there---Happy Mother's day!  We all know you do the same work.  Try to work through the stress today and just enjoy what you can.  If you don't have kids or don't have kids at home relax, you are still an influence on the next generation.  Happy Mothers Day to all--even if it does suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment