Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Eating dirt and other mis-steps .....

So my baby C2 was eating his lunch in his highchair today.  I heard him make a little noise but it settled down so I ignored it.  I was busy working on getting things in order for our upcoming mediation to get custody of my 3 bonus kids.  Very busy apparently.  I turned to look at him and he had reached over and had pulled a tomato plant off the table next to him that we have been waiting to plant and was trying to eat it. The dirt, the container and the actual plant.  Maybe I should pay better attention to a 1 year old. I love being in the garden and go out every chance I get but when C2 is with me all I do is chase him and try to keep him from eating dirt and unearthing plants.  It must be amusing for the neighbors to watch me do this.  All their kids are out of the "baby" stage.  My girls are all amused by this next stage of his life.  He plays and wrestles and sticks his tongue out at them.  Its hard to not love a sweet, cute and funny baby.  Exspecially when he bangs his head against the sliding glass doors to hear how it sounds then turns and waits for you to laugh.  Which we shouldn't cause he could get hurt but it is so dang funny we can't help it. Ahhhh--eating dirt and head banging--every moms dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment